To access invoice, in the main page, Go to More > Invoice
A. Invoicing for sales made against sales order:
If you have created a sales order and want to create an invoice to the customer at the time of shipping the products, Arka Inventory will do it automatically for you. Just open the material outbound that you created, scroll down and under invoices section, you will see the auto generated invoice. Click on the invoice number to open the auto generated invoice. To view or download the invoice in PDF format, just click on Preview button available on right hand side of the invoice. If you are shipping partial quantities, invoice will also gets created for partial quantities. If there is any shipping & handling charges, same will be proportionated.
B. Invoicing for service sales (with sales order):
For service sales, invoices will not be auto generated as there will not be any material outbound for services. To create a invoice for services against a sales order, in the main page, Go to More > Invoices > New
1. Invoice Type: Select 'Invoice'
2. Sales Order Ref: Select 'With Sales Order'
3. Location: Location is a mandatory field. Select the location from which the invoicing is being made. Instead of selecting the location manually every time, if the user location mapping is made, location gets auto populated based on the logged in user. To know more on user location mapping refer User Location Mapping
4. Customer: Select the customer to whom the invoice has to be raised. Once you select the customer, system will show you all the un-invoiced sales orders against the customer. Just select the one to which you wish to create the invoice and confirm the selection.
Save the invoice.
C. Invoicing for retail sales or sales without sales order:
If you are not creating the sales orders (like retail sales in outlets where you don't create any sales orders but create invoice directly), you can create an invoice without sales order.
To create an invoice without sales order, in the main page, Go to More > Invoices > New
1. Invoice Type: If the payment against the invoice is not immediately paid, you have to select the invoice type as 'Invoice'. If the payment against invoice is immediately paid, select the invoice type as 'Sales Receipt' and specify the Receipt Account (like bank or cash or card etc). The receipt account is a general ledger.
2. Sales Order Ref: Select sales order reference as 'Without sales order'.
3. Location: Location is a mandatory field. Select the location from which the invoicing is being made. Instead of selecting the location manually every time, if the user location mapping is made, location gets auto populated based on the logged in user. To know more on user location mapping refer User Location Mapping.
4. Price Book: When you select a product, system will auto populate the price of the product based on the price book selected in this field. To know more on price book refer Price Book. If you have mapped price book to locations, price book will get auto populated based on the location. To know more on location and price book mapping, refer Location.
5. Receipt Account: When you select the invoice type as 'Sales Receipt', receipt account has to be specified. Receipt Account is the general ledger for cash or bank or card payment or any other form of bank or cash ledger accounts. To know more on general ledgers refer General Ledger.
6. Adding Products or Services: After you select a customer, you can add products to the Invoice in Add products section. To select the product, type first few letters of the product you want to select and press SPACE key, then select the product from the drop down. If the product name is lengthier system may not show the full name, just hover the curser on the product, the full name of the product will appear.
If you are identifying the product by SKU or product code, you can change the product selection method to Product SKU or Product Code in 'Search Product by' field. To avoid manual selection every time, you can change the default search method: Go to Setup > Apps > Packaging > click on Installed Packages > click on Configure in Arka Inventory > in General section, in Product Selection Method field, add the text 'Product SKU' or 'Product Code' as per your requirement > then Save.
If you are using a bar code scanner, scan the code to the product selection field and press SPACE key, then select the product from the drop down. For bar code scanning, product selection method should either be 'Product SKU' or 'Product Code' depending on which one you use in your business.
System should also auto populate the tax applicable on the product if tax setups are correctly made. To know more on Tax setup refer Setting Up Taxes.
If you have done tax setup but still tax is not populating, check whether:
a. Tax location is selected for the Customer.
b. Tax location is selected for the Location.
c. Product tax family is selected for the Product.
d. Product tax family has the lines to define the tax applicable for location's tax location (From Location) and customer tax location (To location).
Services can be added in Add services section the same way as you add products.
7. Note: In the Note section, you can add any text as a note to Invoice. If you have standard content that you wish to add to every Invoice, instead of manually adding it every time, you can add it in custom settings and system will auto populate it for you every time. To add a note to custom settings, Go To Setup > Apps > Packaging > click on Installed Packages > click on Configure in Arka Inventory > go to Formats section > Add the text in Invoice Default Note.
Sync to QuickBooks : If you have connected Arka Inventory to QuickBooks Online, Invoices are automatically synced to QuickBooks Online as soon as the invoice is created. To check whether a invoice is synced to QuickBooks or not, Open the invoice and check 'Sync Status' section. If the status is 'Synced', it means the invoice is synced to QuickBooks Online. If there are any errors, status will be 'Error' and 'Accounting message' field will show the error received from. Some times QuickBooks Online may not send any error messages, in such cases accounting message will be empty. The most common causes of errors are:
a. Customer not yet synced to QuickBooks
b. Products in the invoices is not yet synced to QuickBooks
c. Tax code is either not there or default tax code is selected which needs to be corrected to the right tax code.
d. For invoice type sales receipts, receipt account is not selected or the receipt account selected is not a bank or cash account.
If you have edited anything in the invoice, you have to re sync the invoice to QuickBooks Online by ticking the Sync checkbox (available under 'Accounting Sync Status' section) again.